Civil Service Board
- 5 voting members – (City Residents)
- Quarterly - 3rd Monday at 5:00 p.m.
- 2 years (with option of reappointment)
- Code of Ordinances
Appointment and Structure:
- All members shall reside within the city limits of the City of Milton.
- The City Council shall not appoint a current or former city employee to the Board.
- The City Council shall not appoint a current member of the City Council to the Board. Former City Council members may be appointed provided they have not held elective position in the City for a period of at least one year.
- No person may serve as a board member if they have a relative in the Civil Service System. Relative means an individual who is related to the Board member as father, mother, son, daughter, brother, sister, uncle, aunt, first cousin, nephew, niece, husband, wife, father-in-law, mother-in-law, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, brother-in-law, stepfather, stepmother, stepson, stepdaughter, stepbrother, stepsister, half-brother, or half-sister.
- The Council shall strive to select members who have previous experience in personnel Administration, management, small business, self-employment, and/or with other outside public employers. In all cases, the City Council shall seek to appoint members with the best expertise and a wide variety of backgrounds to serve the citizens of Milton with regard to the Civil Service System.
Description of Duties:
- The Civil Service Board (CSB) is established to encourage and promote a proper personnel system for employees of the City of Milton.
- The Board has authority to write and adopt rules that shall cover subject areas such as disciplinary hearings, code and/or standards of conduct for members of classified service, probationary periods, employment eligibility criteria and applicant register procedures. All rules shall be approved by the City Council.
- All minutes of the CSB shall be filed with the City Clerk’s Office.
- Appointed members of City boards and committees are required by law to file a financial disclosure with the Florida Commission on Ethics. The reporting form and instructions will be sent to appointed members each year through the Santa Rosa County Supervisor of Elections office.
If you are interested in serving on any of the Boards, please call 983-5411 or click HERE to fill out the Board Survey form.
|Henry G. Martin
|L T McKinley
|Board Appointee TBD|